£5 Banknote collector information
FIVE POUNDS - Sir Winston Churchill - B414 £5
Released: September 2016
Designed by: Innovia, De La Rue and the Bank of England. 125 X 65mm (15% smaller)
- Photograph of Churchill taken in Ottawa by YousufKarsh
- A view of Westminster and the Elizabeth Tower from the South Bank looking across Westminster Bridge.
- The Great Clock's hands at 3 o'clock, the approximate time on 13'*' May 1940 when Churchill declared in a speech to the House of Commons. "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat". This declaration is quoted beneath his portrait alongside a background image of the Nobel Prize medal for literature, which he was awarded in 1953, together with the wording of the prize citation.
- In sheets of sixty (6 X 10) by De La Rue at the Debden Security Printing works
- Polymer substrate supplied by Innovia of Wilton, Cumbria.
Quantity printed: 590 million ongoing