£10 Banknote collector information
TEN POUNDS - Jane Austen -Series G £10
Released: 14th September 2017
Designed by: 132mm x 69mm
- "I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading!" from Pride and Prejudice (Miss Bingley, Chapter XI)
- Portrait of Jane Austen. Commissioned by James Edward Austen-Leigh (Jane Austen's nephew) in 1870, adapted from an original sketch of Jane Austen drawn by her sister, Cassandra Austen
- An illustration of Miss Elizabeth Bennet undertaking "The examination of all the letters which Jane had written to her"– from a drawing by Isabel Bishop (1902-1988)
- The image of Godmersham Park. Godmersham was home of Edward Austen Knight, Jane Austen's brother. Jane Austen visited the house often and it is believed that it was the inspiration for a number of her novels
- Jane Austen's writing table – the central design in the background is inspired by the 12 sided writing table, and writing quills, used by Jane Austen at Chawton Cottage
Want More Information
- What new £5 polymer banknote are highly desired?
- Want tips on selling the new £5 polymer banknote?
- What's the value of your new £5 polymer banknote?
- What's the value of your new £10 polymer banknote?
- What new £10 polymer banknote are highly desired?
- Want tips on selling the new £10 polymer banknote?